Thursday 30 August 2012

Day Ten


I am not likely to forget these traffic sessions! The idea was to get Ishka to move off a kerb while a car is approaching. I had to give Ishka the command to set off which I was not exactly happy with for what if anything went wrong ─ I would never forgive myself.  This was how it was done; it was done in a controlled condition with another trainer driving a car while my trainer worked with Ishka and me.  Imagine the main road being on the right and a car waiting to travel down the side road to join the main road. Ishka and I are waiting to cross the side street so the car will be on the far side and so we could be in the middle of the side street by the time the car arrived.

My trainer walked to the middle of the road and gave the driver of the car the signal to proceed and then came over to Ishka and me and when appropriate tapped on my shoulder for me to give Ishka the forward command ─ we did this several times and Ishka hardly moved. We were just going to start the second stage when the car would be on the nearside of the road and very close to us when it started raining, thundering and lightening ─ Ishka made a dash but I held tightly on to her lead. We returned to the car wet but laughing! I was very impressed with how Ishka reacted with the traffic work.

No comments:

Post a Comment