Monday 21 March 2011

Mary Hare Grammar School


I enjoyed my school days at the Mary Hare Grammar School in Newbury, Berkshire and thought that you may like to see some more photos .

The wooden summer house

Wooden bridge in the grounds, an area that the pupils were not allowed to enter. I was able to take this photo because our form was having a nature lesson with Mr Salt at the time.

Stone summer house
Behind the summer house are the netball and tennis courts.

Two of my school friends: Valerie and Pauline

The fish pond and beyond are the playing fields.



Friends


Friends

All these photos were taken in the early 1950's, the school has changed a lot over the years and I am sure that I would not recognise it now. I have fond memories of the school and will always appreciate what they did for me.


.

1 comment:

  1. You have some wonderful memories of your old school and some great photos too. Maybe one day there will be a old pupils reunion and you can return to see how the school has changed:)

    ReplyDelete