Friday 7 October 2011

A walk along the Chesterfield canal

Tapton Lock
It was a beautiful warm day when I went for a walk with my daughter and grandchildren along Chesterfield canal and I remembered to take my camera with me.

We were delighted to see this narrowboat


and this signpost




I had a few problems taking photos of all this green stuff and would ask my daughter if I had the canal on the photo. She would look over my shoulder at the screen on my camera and say "Left a bit" or "Right a bit" or "Down a bit" or "Up a bit" or when she is satisfied "That's ok"!


Finally, we came to this bridge and decided to cross over to the other side. I have always wanted to go on this bridge to take some photos ever since it was built. You can see in the background the Crooked Spire of Chesterfield.

You will see the Crooked Spire more clearly here.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a super walk and that the weather was a lot better than when we walked along there:)

    ReplyDelete